Hope all of you are ready for some sun and fun on Lincoln Pond! I know that the Kingdom Dam reconstruction project has been on many of your minds -- as it has been on ours! See below for some updates on the project, but first some announcements and news on scheduled events:
2013 SEASON ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS, MEETINGS, ACTIVITIES:
1) OUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP meeting will take place on Saturday, August 3rd starting at 9:30 am. We will gather at Jeff Sienkiewicz' camp (39 Lower Pond Way -- same place as last year). E-Town supervisor Margaret Bartley will be making a presentation on some of the history of Lincoln Pond and its residents and we will review the most recent information on the Kingdom Dam reconstruction project (hopefully, we'll have a representative from DEC there but if not we will be submitting questions to DEC and reading the responses at the meeting; if you have any concerns or specific questions about the project, forward them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll run them by DEC engineers). We will also be holding elections. Up for re-election are: Gerry Zahavi (Pres,), Deborah Maxwell (Sect.), April Spilling (Director), and Wayne Johnson (Director).
2) The Association's road clean-up will take place on Saturday, June 29 starting at 9 a.m. We'll gather at the intersection of Lincoln Pond Road and Lower Pond Road. Hope to see you there!
3) A second, more modest road clean-up effort will take place at the end of tjhe July 4th weekend -- just covering the causeway and road fronts near the public campsite area. It will take place on Sunday, July 7th.
4) Judy Schwarz will be ordering more T-shirts -- as well as wine and beer/soda glasses -- with the Lincoln Pond Association logo. If you are interested in obtaining any, contact Judy at: email@example.com.
5) The Association will be participating in the E-Town Day garage sale, with proceeds being split between item sellers and the Elizabethtown Hospital Auxiliary (a 50/50 garage sale). Our tables will be set up adjacent to the Elizabethtown Hospital near the ER entrance. You can bring items and tables there starting at 7:30 am the morning of July 20th. If you are interested in selling some of your surplus possessions and at the same time also contributing to the Hospital through the Auxiliary, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) If you haven't already sent in your annual membership dues ($15 per camp) please do so now. You can send the dues directly to our treasurer, Jeff Sienkiewicz at 18 Aspetuck Ridge Road, New Milford, CT 06776 or to Gerry Zahavi, 4172 Lincoln Pond Rd. Elizabethtown, NY 12932.
7) We've been in touch with DEC lately to get a detailed update on the Kingdom Dam reconstruction project and they were good enough to send us one. Here is the latest news on the project as described by Tom Lincoln, DEC Environmental Engineer recently in a letter to Gerry Zahavi, Association President: