* 2017 ANNUAL MEETING SCHEDULED for July 22, 2017: The 2017 annual meeting will be held on Saturday, July 22, starting at 9:30 a.m. at Jeff Sienkiewicz's camp (same place as last year).
We will be considering a revision to our bylaws -- expanding the number of board members. The proposed revision is to article IV, changing the number of directors from "4 members" to "a minimum of 4 and maximum of 6 members." The full text of the proposed revision of Article IV follows: "The Board of Directors will consist of a minimum of 4 and maximum of 6 members, plus the president, secretary and treasurer. All members shall be elected from the active membership of the Association. The directors shall formulate the policies of the Association."
* 2017 ROAD CLEAN-UP DAY (June 17th): This summer's road clean-up day will take place on June 17th, starting at 9:00 a.m. We'll meet at the corner of Lincoln Pond Road and Lower Pond Way.
2017 SEASON PICNIC (August 19th): This year's Association picnic is scheduled for Saturday, August 19th, starting at noon. We'll post more details closer to the event. As in the past, it will be a pot luck picnic with the Association providing the main meat and vegetarian dishes and members bringing salads, desserts, and so on.
Again -- we'll post more details later. We will be reserving space at the State campground.
* Some Lincoln Pond wine glasses, pub glasses, T-shirts, and bumper stickers will still be available this year. Contact Judy Schwarz at: (518) 942-7023
* If you haven't already sent in your annual membership dues ($15 per camp) please do so now. You can send the dues directly to our treasurer, Jeff Sienkiewicz at 18 Aspetuck Ridge Road, New Milford, CT 06776 or to Gerry Zahavi, 4172 Lincoln Pond Rd. Elizabethtown, NY 12932. Please make all checks payable to the "Lincoln Pond Association."
* BROADBAND INITIATIVE:
Our broadband initiative has slowed, unfortunately. We are still waiting for NYS to announce the partnership grants that are to be made available for broadband expansion into rural underserved areas. We'll let you know when we hear more.
* VERIZON FRANKENPINE CELL TOWER PROJECT: The Verizon Wireless towers are now in place and operating smoothly. Several camps are now receiving very strong signals (5 bars). ATT reception is acceptable on the east side of the Pond and strong up the hill along the upper part of Simonds Hill Road and also on the upper part of Lincoln Pond Road as you head toward Mineville (covered by the Belfry cell tower at the end of the Belfry trail).