~ A Place for All Seasons ~
Follow us on Twitter
2015 SCHEDULE ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS, MEETINGS, ACTIVITIES:
1) Lincoln Pond Association Picnic. Saturday, August 22 at the DEC Campsite (same locattion as last year). Burgers, franks, chicken, and drinks will be provided. Please bring a side dish to share -- and Please let us know if you are coming by August 18th (with the total # coming) so we can plan the food purchase. Contact Gerry or Debbie at 518-942-5933 or email us atl: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) The 2015 annual meeting was held on July 11th at 10:00 a.m. at Camp 6, 39 Lower Pond Way (Sienkiewicz). Watch this site for the minutes and recording of that meeting.
3) This summer's road clean-up day took place on June 27 at 9 a.m. Around a dozen members showed up. We will probably schedule another clean-up toward the end of the summer. Watch this site for the date/time.
4) Lincoln Pond wine glasses, pub glasses, T-shirts, and bumper stickers will again be available this year. Click here for more details on prices. All proceeds benefit the Association and its activities.
5) If you haven't already sent in your annual membership dues ($15 per camp) please do so now. You can send the dues directly to our treasurer, Jeff Sienkiewicz at 18 Aspetuck Ridge Road, New Milford, CT 06776 or to Gerry Zahavi, 4172 Lincoln Pond Rd. Elizabethtown, NY 12932. Please make all checks payable to the "Lincoln Pond Association."
6) UPDATE ON KINGDOM DAM RECONSTRUCTION (June 1, 2015): The reconstruction of Kingdom Dam will most likely be starting in mid-July; it should be finished by October 31. This is the most recent communication we have received from Tom Lincoln, the project's Environmental Engineer: "The contract is currently in the approval phase before an official award can be made. All of the required documentation is at the Office of the State Comptroller for their review. Typically things can be there from any period of time between a few weeks to over a month.
The Dormatory Authority is functioning as our project manager for this job. The best estimate they have today is for an anticipated contractor starting date in the middle of July. However, we will not receive a construction schedule from the contractor until after the contract is officially awarded. . . .
As a reminder, the water levels will not be lowered during construction. Work will take place within each half of the dam as it is sectioned off. Hopefully the contractor will have some relatively dry weather for the duration of their work instead of what we observed over the last few days."
We will post more details here soon.
7) BROADBAND INITIATIVE:
Our broadband initiative is moving forward rapidly and we hope to submit a grant soon to help subsidize the delivery of high speed Internet access to the Lincoln Pond area (as well as to houses along Lincoln Pond Road). We are currently soliciting letters of interest and also collecting survey data on potential participants. Won't you please take the time to fill out the following short survey? It will help us enornously in preparing the grant application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/79YP6J5
8) Member Announcements: See bottom of page for "News and Activities" notices from individual members and local/regional organizations. Keep in mind that we are a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization and all announcements or notices of events/meetings in that section of our site are NOT official endorsements by the Association.
9) VERIZON FRANKENPINE CELL TOWER PROJECT:
See below for more details on the original posting/proposal. On June 9, 2014, the APA conditonally approved the project and issued Permit 2013-238. The approval was for an "85 foot tall telecommunications simulated tree tower with associated antennas, an equipment shelter (11'7" X 30' 1"), and access road improvements." WE WILL BE POSTING UPDATES ON THIS PROJECT AS WE GET THEM.
Verizon Wireless has filed a proposal for the construction of a 90+' cellular tower just south of Lincoln Pond, along the Northway. The details are below. Click on the map to the left to see the approximate location of the proposed tower.
DETAILS (from the APA Web site):
Applicant: Verizon Wireless/Cellco Partnership - Tracy Road Cell Tower
Contact person for this project: Jared C. Lusk, Esq.
Nixon Peabody LLP
1300 Clinton Square,
Rochester, NY 14604
Office: Adirondack Park Agency (APA)
P.O. Box 99, Route 86
Ray Brook, NY 12977
Phone: (518) 891-4050, ext. 207
APA Contact: Tracy J. Darrah / APA Project Number: 2013-0238
Project Title: Verizon Wireless/Cellco Partnership - Tracy Road Cell Tower
Location: Tracy Road and Lincoln Pond Road in the Towns of Moriah and Elizabethtown, New York.
For Adirondack Park Agency: Comment Period Ends: May 8, 2014
Project Description: Construction and operation of a new 95 foot tall telecommunications tower with 4 foot lightning rod and associated antennas, an equipment shelter (11 feet 7 inches x 30 feet 1 inch) and access road improvements.
~ ~ ~ ~
at Lincoln Pond
(Helen Phinney, Aug. 11, 1971)
kingfisher skims the water -
the water reflecting the
hills and sky
Pools of pink and purple.
the colors fade.
The hills take on a deep blue.
The water becomes shimmering
glass - shimmering - moving -
Blue clouds, now, and
darker water - a bird calls
in the trees behind me.
all is muted and quiet,
Colors, water - all.
to the official Lincoln Pond Association Web site.